Create something moving.
The task of making a two minute pitch video can seem daunting. Rest assured, there are resources out there to help you in this task. The NEC has seen inspiring videos from talented student entrepreneurs from all academic backgrounds. Not only does this step of the competition display your creativity, teams have found these marketing tools very useful if they decide to launch their venture.
- FIVERR - an online consulting site where you can get videos created, edited, etc. for as little as five dollars
- GoAnimate - create animated marketing videos, sales videos, explainer videos, training videos, etc.
- Biteable - use pre-designed stock snap videos to create a professional and clean video
- RawShorts - drag and drop video editor allows you to customize stocked videos to suit your needs
- ANIMOTO - design and edit your own content professionally
Pitch Video Guidelines
- No more than two minutes
- VIMEO or YouTube format
- Submitted via the website
The highest scoring pitch videos will:
- Be compelling – show your passion for the project and why it is necessary/important
- Share the details of your project in a succinct and clear way- what it is you are doing and who is the target audience
- Demonstrate quality and professionalism through the video presentation – you will be judged on your creativity and how the video holds the judges’ attentions
- Include the dollar amount you are seeking to raise and what it will be used for
- The amount doesn't need to correlate with NEC prize money amounts
- This is your first round of seed money and should be no more than an $100,000 ask
- This amount should correlate with how much it will cost you to create your minimal viable product